PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

AMD Radeon HD 7750: supported in macOS Mojave / Catalina

Syonagar

• Administrators

Dear Members,

Mac OS Catalina

I am pleased again to confirm that AMD Radeon HD 7750 is supported natively by Mac OS Catalina.

Screenshots:

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 7.25.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 7.37.56 PM.png

Clover Version : 5097

Lilu Version : 1.3.8

WhateverGreen Version : 1.3.3

Boot Custom Flags : -lilubetaall radpg=15

Output : Mini Display Port

Kext : AMD7000Controller.kext

Raw Identifier 0x683F1002 [ Cape Verde PRO ( Radeon HD 7750) ]

Notes :-

Mac OS Mojave

I am pleased to confirm that AMD Radeon HD 7750 is supported natively by Mac OS Mojave.

Screenshots:

Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 10.06.52 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 10.09.16 AM.png

Clover Version : 4700

Lilu Version : 1.2.7

WhateverGreen Version : 1.2.3

Boot Custom Flags : -lilubetaall radpg=15

Output : Mini Display Port

Kext : AMD7000Controller.kext

Raw Identifier 0x683F1002 [ Cape Verde PRO ( Radeon HD 7750) ]

Notes : 

Enjoy!

Edited by Syonagar
Tested on Mac OS Catalina

• 1 year later...

Hi Syonagar, 

I'm trying to get the Radeon 7750 to work with my 2009 Mac Pro (flashed to 5,1) with Catalina and came across your post. Can you show me real quick how to do the configuration you mentioned above? I know nothing about coding but if you can help me with the process I'd really appreciate it. 

I have a Radeon HD 7770, OEM Dell, installed in a Dell XPS 8500 (Ivy Bridge). Currently running High Sierra without issues. I am virtually certain that my HD 7770 does not have UEFI ROM, which according to the developer of whatevergreen, can be a problem. I wouldn't mind being able to move up to Mojave, or even perhaps Catalina. I have had a persistent issue with whatevergreen.kext. Every time I have attempted to use newer versions of Lilu  and whatevergreen.kext, the hackintosh boots to a yellow screen. If I remember correctly, this has occurred whenever I have attempted version 1.2.0 or newer. I haven't been too keen on making multiple attempts because I've been a little worried about what it's doing to my GPU.

I have two questions - first, do you know whether your 7750 has UEFI ROM or legacy ROM? And second, you are using the -lilubetaall boot flag in all cases. The Lilu GitHub documentation advises that using it is risky business. What has happened with your HD 7750 without using it?  I guess what I'm coming around to is whether I'm getting yellow screens with later whatevergreen versions because I haven't tried it.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, Syonagar said:

Install latest lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext. Then add -lilubetaall radpg=15 to your boot argument in nvram section. Also dont do any graphics and display related injections.

worked like a tee thank you 

fyi i am running a visiontek radeon hd 7750 boots wonderfully

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...