Last Revised May 23rd, 2018. Effective May 25th, 2018.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in our footer and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Osxlatitude.com website (the “Site”) provides its users with access to an on-line message board (the “Services”). It is operated by group of people around the world voluntarily. This page is used to inform both registered users and non-registered visitors to OSXLatitude about our policies and procedures for the collection, processing, storage, transfer and disclosure of certain personally identifiable information from visitors to the Site. If you choose to use the Services, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. Under applicable law, OSXLatitude is the “data controller” of personal data collected through the Services.
What information do we collect?
- Information You Provide: We collect certain information from you when you voluntarily provide such information. Such information may contain personally identifying information, and may include but not be limited to information such as your username, e-mail address, and any messages, files or images you transmit using the Services.
- Data We Collect Automatically (Log Data): We want to inform you that whenever you visit osxlatitude.com, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser version, pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other similar statistics. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliated third-parties or service providers. OSXLatitude may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site as well as information on which external websites have referred visitors to the Site.
- Cookies: Cookies are files with small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. We employ cookies and similar technologies to keep track of your local computer’s settings such as which account you have logged into and notification settings. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
- Third party tools: We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics, please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where Information Is Processed
OSXLatitude is hosted in the European Union (Amsterdam, NL to be precise). No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of your information in and to the European Union (Amsterdam, NL) and other countries. The laws of the European Union (Amsterdam, NL) and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require that we tell you about the legal grounds we rely upon to use, process or disclose your personal data.
To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Consent: At times we may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data on the basis of your implied or explicit consent.
- To Fulfill Our Contractual Obligations to You: In order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, we must collect, process, and store your personal data and information. We must handle your personal data in this manner in order to create your OSXLatitude account. Furthermore, we may, at times, have to transfer and/or disclose your personal data to third parties in order to fulfill other of our contractual obligations to you. For example, we may have to transfer certain information concerning your OSXLatitude account to our payment processors for any clear subscriptions you purchase.
- Furtherance of Our Legitimate Interests: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data in furtherance of those legitimate interests of ours which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as set forth in the applicable laws.
These legitimate interests include but are not limited to:
- Providing you with the Services;
- Protecting our users, staff and property; and
- Collecting information on how you use the Services in order to optimize the design of the Site.
- Communicating with you via e-mail for services you have explicitly opted into (e.g., notifications of replies or private conversations) or for communications regarding your account.
- Legal Compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- To Protect the Vital Interests of Yourself or Other Users: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
Disclosure of Your Information
We consider the protection of your data to be one of our highest priorities. However, there are specific circumstances under which we may share your information with certain third parties:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: From time-to-time we may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons: to facilitate our services; to provide the services on our behalf; to perform services-related services; or to assist us in analyzing how our services are used.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to
- Comply with a legal obligation,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of OSXLatitude,
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or
- Protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-Identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
- To Protect the Vital Interests of Yourself or Other Users: We may transfer or disclose your personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation. For example, we may use a user’s personal data to locate said user and alert the local authorities where we receive credible information that said user is at risk of self-harm.
OSXLatitude does not knowingly collect, process, store, transfer or disclose any personal data of children or users under the age of consent established by the data protection law of their applicable country. If we learn that we are engaged in said activities with the personal data of such users, we will halt those activities and take reasonable measures to promptly remove the applicable personal data from our records.
If you are aware that a user under the age of consent in their applicable country is accessing OSXLatitude, please let us know at [email protected].
In the case that we discover that a child under the age of consent in their applicable country has provided us with personal data, we shall delete this from our servers as soon as practicable. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected] so that we will be able to take the necessary actions to remove your child’s personal data.
The Right to Your Data
Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
- How can I access the personal data you have about me?
If you would like to submit a data access request, you may send us a request via e-mail at [email protected] with the words “Data Access Request” in the subject of your message. We will then start the process and provide you a link to access the personal data that OSXLatitude has on you within 30 days.
- How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the personal data you have about me?
In addition to the functionality available through “Your Profile Page” on osxlatitude.com, in which you can correct, update, amend, or delete certain personal data, you can also request other modifications from us directly. Please write us at [email protected] with the words “Personal Data Request” in the subject of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
- How do I object or restrict the manner in which OSXLatitude processes my personal data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it or take other appropriate steps. Some data may be retained where there is a reason to restrict the processing of data instead of deleting it. In such instances, we may anonymize the data rather than deleting it. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties outside of the control of OSXLatitude, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). If you choose to opt-out of personalized advertisements, you will, instead, receive generalized advertisements from our partners.
Links to Other Sites
We value your trust in providing us your personal data, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.