PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

HP 240 G5

piero512

Hey, first time here on OSXLatitude. I was wondering if I could get some help with my macOS install. I'm already running latest Sierra (10.12.6 at the time of writing). Almost everything works, but I have some issues that I haven't been able to debug. 

First: My brightness keys just work as mute unmute when using the AppleSmartTouchpadPS2.kext (I think it was called this way) (I have a ELAN trackpad and I can't live without 2 finger scrolling) . I've been trying to stop the kext from attaching to those keys, unsucessfully. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Second: My laptop won't shutdown properly (ie. it powers off okay, but then it stops responding with fans full speed and both power and HDD activity LEDs on.) I have tried a lot of methods in Clover (FixShutdown, HaltEnabler) but they didn't work.

I'll attach EFI/Clover (with original ACPI table dump, modified DSDT, config.plist, etc..) and ACPI table dump under macOS.

HP 240 G5.zip

My laptop bios is very limited. I've found that I have Network boot off, but the wake-on-lan thing isn't there. Also, the computer reboots just fine. it's just shutdown. Maybe there's some dsdt edit I might have to do? I'm going to disable the internal bluetooth since it isn't compatible (rtl8723be) just to see if it is the adapter.

I have installed karabiner, but haven't yet used it to reassign keys, as you can see here, Karabiner-Eventviewer says that when I press my brightness up and brightness down keys. Effectively, my brightness keys are working, but since the AppleSmartTouchPadPS2.kext also send a mute keypress when I press my buttons, macOS just ignores my brightness keys.

eventType:SysKeyDown      code:0x7        name:mute            flags:                                   misc:
eventType:SysKeyUp        code:0x7        name:mute            flags:                                   misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x38       name:left_shift      flags:Shift                              misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x37       name:left_command    flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:SysKeyDown      code:0x3        name:display_brightn flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:SysKeyUp        code:0x3        name:display_brightn flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x37       name:left_command    flags:Shift                              misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x38       name:left_shift      flags:                                   misc:
eventType:SysKeyDown      code:0x7        name:mute            flags:                                   misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x38       name:left_shift      flags:Shift                              misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x37       name:left_command    flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:SysKeyDown      code:0x2        name:display_brightn flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:SysKeyUp        code:0x2        name:display_brightn flags:Shift Cmd                          misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x37       name:left_command    flags:Shift                              misc:
eventType:FlagsChanged    code:0x38       name:left_shift      flags:                                   misc:
eventType:SysKeyUp        code:0x7        name:mute            flags:                                   misc:

• 4 months later...