PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

High Sierra on D630

Pikotaro

Hello, I want to run High Sierra on my D630. I have a working El Capitan installation, can i upgrade to High Sierra? I have tried to download Sierra, but it says my Mac isn´t supported. I think i have to reconfigure my SMBios settings, but i don´t know what i should set. Thanks

• Administrators

Well, you're a little late on this but, since Sierra, macOS requires a CPU with SSE4 instructions set. On mobile Core2Duo CPUs, this was introduced in Penryn family models.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors#Dual-Core_Notebook_processors

By far and large, the D630 shipped with Merom models such as the T7500. If, in all likelihood, you require to upgrade, go for a T9300, they're very cheap to get these days. In case you also ignore this, the D630 requires a FSB-800 CPU, not a FSB-1066 one.

For the rest, please use the forum "Search" facility to consult existing Sierra/High Sierra on D630 threads and read existing guides for the D630.