PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Realtek RTL8139 10/100 FastEthernet (PCI 32bit)

Hervé

• Administrators

'found an old Realtek RTL8139D PCI card whist clearing out old computer stuff. It's an ancient Connectland CR-CNL-FAST-R model dating back to 2008/2009...

cr-cnl-fast-r.jpg

http://www.connectland.eu/products/fiche/category_id/133/culture/en/id/167/name/10-100-mbps-fast-ethernet-pci-card

Gave it a shot in my old Vostro200 running High Sierra and Mojave. Installed the old IONetworkingFamily fat-binary kext from osx86.net and the card still works under macOS! First drivers for this card were released for OS X 10.1/10.2! :P

Note that the card is not supported by Mieze's RTL810x FastEthernet driver.

Initially, I only installed the RTL8139 kext in /L/E and that brought the card to life but no traffic passed. The card only fully worked once I actually installed the entire IONetworkingFamily kext in /L/E, without touching the vanilla equivalent in /S/L/E. There must have been some dependancies... After the usual permissions repair + cache rebuild + reboot, the card was 100% functional. There goes an old 32bit PCI (not PCIe) card in macOS High Sierra and Mojave! :lol: Must work in all previous versions from Snow Leopard to Sierra too.

vostro200:~ admin$ lspci -nn
[...]
00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection [8086:10c0] (rev 02)
[...]
04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8100/8101L/8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter [10ec:8139] (rev 10)

RTL8139_IOReg.jpg

SysProfiler_Ethernet.jpg

SysProfile_Extensions.jpg     Ookla_performance.jpg

Ethernet_PrefPane.jpg     Mojave_ping_ifconfig.jpg

RTL8139_HighSierra.jpg

• Like 2