PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Trouble with Lenovo 00JT494 / Foxconn TH77H649.00 (BCM4350)

• Administrators

:huh: Erm... Did you actually ready my guide? Or use the Clover config provided by JakeLo?

Because the last Clover configuration you posted -after JakeLo's provided config- is erroneous and contains some weird wifi id faking for some reason you'd have to explain. And a totally invalid one too: 0x0431114e4! There's 1 digit too many and, should Clover nevertheless translate that into 14e4:4311, that would actually fake a BCM4311 chipset which was dropped at Sierra! Other combinations (14e4:0431, 114e:0431) would fake non-existing devices...

Wrong_settings.jpg

If you kept this incorrect id faking, I'm pretty sure this is going to clash with the ACPI injection you implemented (correctly so)... You should find things will work better once you remove that.

@Hervé I'm pretty sure that I used Jake Lo's, with the change from pci14e4,4353 to pci14e4,4331. Just to be safe, I recopied the contents of EFI_r4910.zip and Exx50_Mojave.zip, (replaced, not merged), and the attached config.plist, (Jake Lo's - unmodified). I then rebooted and had the same problem. I did another dump with IORegistryExplorer and I have attached it below.

zog’s_MacBook_Pro_2.ioreg config.plist.zip

Hmm, I see what your talking about. I found this in between the "<key>Audio</key>" section and the  "<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</k" section:

Spoiler

<key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>
        </dict>
        <key>FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>WIFI</key>
            <string>0x0431114E4</string>
        </dict>

Not sure what I did there, but I have been using updated the config.plist that Jake Lo posted.

I think that I will do a clean install with the updated config.plist and see what happens.

• Administrators

Your last config appears Ok and the IOReg output seems to show everything is Ok too. You've injected your properties under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x03)/Pci(0x0) as opposed to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x03)/Pci(0x0,0x0) as explained on the guide but I'm not certain it actually changes anything. I noticed that you added BrcmFixup kext since you're using boot option brcmfx-country=#a. Why don't you try without it? I've clearly mentioned the consequences of such option in the guide...

This being all duly applied, all should be Ok on your wireless front as far as I'm concerned AS LONG AS you run on the full vanilla kexts off course!

OK, so I very meticulously did a step by step of the install in the following manner:

Spoiler

1 - Clean Install USB using the following command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction

2 - After the USB installer was created, I ran Clover_v2.4k_r4920 and installed Clover to the USB stick with the following checked:

Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI\DataHubDxe-64
Drivers64UEFI\FSInject-64
Drivers64UEFI\SMCHelper-64
Drivers64UEFI\ApfsDriverLoader-64
Drivers64UEFI\AptioMemoryFix-64
Drivers64UEFI\PartitionDxe-64
Install Clover Preference Pane 

Then I added the contents of EFI_r4910.zip to EFi, replacing, not merging. After I added Jake Lo's Exx50_Mojave.zip to EFI/Clover and then 

I copied HFSPlus.efi to EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI. As per Jake Lo's suggestion, I removed FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Finally, I added Jake Lo's config.plist to EFI/Clover, modifying the following:

Remove "brcmfx-country=#a" from boot arguments.

Modified "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x03)/Pci(0x0)" to "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x03)/Pci(0x0,0x0)" as per Hervé's suggestion

Rebooted.

After rebooting, I ran Clover_v2.4k_r4920 and installed Clover to the system drive. I then ran ESP Mounter Pro and mounted the /EFI partition of my installer USB. I copied the EFI folder from my USB stick to /EFI, replacing, not merging. I did not copy the files from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/CopytoLE at this time. Even so, I ran the commands to repair permission and rebuild cache:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then I generated the SMBios with Clover Configurator and I generated SSDT.aml by running ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta and copied the resulting SSDT.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/ patched.

Reboot again

As before, the system initially boot fine and the WiFi works. However, as before, after about 5 minutes, the system starts having slow downs and the starts to lock up. The WiFi also drops out at the time.

One small thing that I noticed is when I run the following post install commands, I get this "error"

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null
Usage: pmset <options>\
See pmset(1) for details: 'man pmset'}

So I am wondering if my problem has something to do with hibernation mode, although when I pull the WiFi card, the freezes and lock ups go away.

I have attached all if the files that I am using below, along with the latest output from IORegistryExplorer and a post install debug file.

EFI_r4910.zip Exx50_Mojave.zip Jake Lo's config.plist.zip zog’s_MacBook_Pro_4.ioreg debug_32395.zip

• Administrators

You still have the AirportBrcmFixup kext + associated boot option brcmfx-country=#a... But I'm tempted to say your problems lies elsewhere unless you tell us that your system runs fine without the DW1820A; in the case I could only suggest you replace it by another model.

Update to 10.14.4 too.

BLEEP! I know that I missed the AirportBrcmFixup kext, but I don't know how I dropped in the wrong config.plist with the option "brcmfx-country=#a.". (In my rather weak defense, I'm fighting a lung infection right now and I'm juiced to the gills on antibiotics and some real nasty stuff called prednisone.)

I pulled the AirportBrcmFixup kext and installed the proper config.plist. The WiFi is still dropping and I'm still getting system lockup's. I have tested my hardware under both Windows and Linux and everything seems solid under both OS's, so it has to be a configuration under OS X.

{EDIT} I'm going through the debug logs and I noticed this in /debug/panic_logs/Kernel_2019-04-21-125438_zogs-MacBook-Pro.panic:

Boot args: dart=0 debug=0x100 -v abm_firstpolldelay=16000 brcmfx-country=#a 

I KNOW that that argument has been removed from my config.plist and that it is not showing up on the boot screen under options, (please see attached pic). I have used both Clover configurator and a text editor to examine the config.plist and I can't find any entries for this, so I don't know how the "brcmfx-country=#a" keeps showing up, (perchance the problem isn't a PEBKAC?).

I also noticed this in the same file:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff80162cda42): "Spinlock acquisition timed out: lock=0xffffff8016ac26a8, lock owner thread=0xffffff8030fe3540, current_thread: 0xffffff8033e67a50, lock owner active on CPU 0x0, current owner: 0xffffff8030fe3540, time: 355411561712"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.201.2/osfmk/i386/locks_i386.c:467

I'll Google this later, going back to bed now.

Here are my latest dumps

IMG_20190421_134726.jpg

debug_6016.zip zogs_MacBook_Pro_5.ioreg config.zip

• Administrators

I think there's a chance you're not looking at your Clover config in the right place...  Depending on your BIOS mode and the way in which you installed Clover you may or may not have a hidden EFI partition with the Clover folder inside. Usually, you'd have that partition which you require to manually point to access and modify the Clover config file. You should also check that "Configs" menu in Clover screen to ensure you boot the default "config" file and not another one that may be next to the default file.