PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

HP Envy 15 AS105TU Hackintoshing + WiFi

Raffay

Hello guys, I have just got my hand on an HP Envy 15-AS105TU. I am planning to install macOS Catalina on this machine. My initial search reveals that HP maintains some sort of listing that prevents the installation of WiFi cards. I am coming from a Dell laptop, where no such problem is there. Can anyone recommend a compatible card for this model that will also work in macOS Catalina? Im'm considering either DW1560 or DW1830, are they compatible with this model?

I am also unable to find any guide for this specific model. Kindly link me up with a suitable guide or help if possible.

Thank You

• Administrators

You'll have to look up the spare/replacement parts catalog for this laptop off HP's web site in order to determine the wireless cards that HP support within their whitelist.

As for a guide, by now you should be familiar enough with the process of installing macOS on a laptop... Follow any existing guide for a Kabylake laptop (eg: Latitude 55580) and adjust your Clover pack according to your HP's hardware specs.

You can do it.

Oh and please make every effort to post in the relevant sections of the forum... Thank you.

@Hervé Thank You for the guidance.

The only thing I was able to find in the document is that my mode is equipped with an Intel dual band 7265. So I thing I can replace it with a DW1830 or a 1560. Right?

I modified my previous installation made for Dell Latitude 5580. I changed the config.plist to Intel Hd620 and removed the ACPI origin fikes of my previous laptop. Then booted. The problem is that I’m encountering a series of ACPI Errors. Kindly have a look. Not sure how to resolve this. 

My bootargs are: npci=0x3000 -v lilucpu=9 -igfxnohdmi -cdfon -disablegfxfirmware

E31AAAD4-97A7-41FB-84F7-BC8285A10C5C.jpeg

• Administrators

I trust you did you not keep any patched tables (like the DSDT) from the Latitude 5580 because that clearly would not be applicable. Tables in ACPI/origin are just dumps and not used in case ou still ignored this...

ACPI errors are not necessarily an issue (my Latitude 7490 lists lots of them but boots perfectly ok nevertheless). Don't get confused by that.