PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

i-tec U3METALDOCK USB3.0 docking station

kormoran

This is my docking station:

https://i-tec.cz/en/produkt/u3metaldock-2/

It works in Windows and previously worked with my Dell M3800 + E7440 Hackintoshes.

There is dedicated DisplayLink chip to transfer/capture video from system to HDMI or DVI. There is no need of display port or any video interface to work, only proper driver installed on system. DisplayLink drivers are constantly updated, see here. This dock fully works when plugged into my MacBookPro 2018.

If I plug this i-tec dock to a separate Dadacool USB-c dock that I have, everything works ok (video and audio). But if I connect it to a USB port (type-A) of my Latitude 5480, it's only visible as a USB hub and I cannot get video or audio out of it. Any other devices connected to the 5480's USB ports work perfectly (USB disk, mouse, keyboard, printer).

When I power on the 5480 with USB-c Dadacool dock connected, Dadacool's HDMI is active and so are all its USB ports. However, if I hot-unplug this Dadacool dock and replug it, only its video output works, its USB ports are dead. In the same respect, when 5480 is powered on with i-tec dock plugged into the connected Dadacool dock, video and audio work out of the i-tec.

Maybe you can tell me whats wrong. It's as if no USB3.0 capability was detected on the 5480's USB ports type-A.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-04-10 o 10.08.24.png

I attach 2 x IOReg extracts: one when i-tec dock is connected to Dadacool dock and working; another one when i-tec dock is connected directly to my 5480 and not working.

• Administrators

I'm no crystal ball reader of course but looking at your posted IORegs, I'd say you're injecting properties somewhere and possibly doing things wrong. Why? Because I'm seeing a lot of TBxx stuff listed under RP05.PXSX, itself labelled "DW1560 802.ac xxxxxx".

So, you'll have to be quite a lot more specific and forward with regards to your setup arrangements. Post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder or the debug package.

• Administrators

It's as I suspected. You're using stuff that's irrelevant to your 5480 (obviously collected from someone else's Hack) and injecting duff info into IOReg; I'm talking stuff like the Mojave-related USB port limit removal or that SSDT-PCIList table and so on... You need to cleanup your setup so that your Hack is no longer polluted and negatively affected by inappropriate patches and properties injection.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

because i have some free time i started worked with my computer.

As you notices, i clean up my configuration, remove ssdt files noticed by @Jake Lo, generate usb config by hackintool app, and all usb ports seems to be working correctly now ;-) dockstation work properly on each usb port, also on thunderbolt (only if i boot computer when dockstation is connected to usb-c, if i unplug works only video out over display port after reconnect).

Also i use a Sinetek-rtsx.kext for RTS525A card reader from https://github.com/cholonam/Sinetek-rtsx/releases (with bootarg -rtsx_mimic_linux) and card reader is working also :-)

Only i have question for touchpad/trackpoint - because i don't have touchpad in my preference panel (don't show detect pad and waiting for bluetooth pad) - can you send me or help to get it working? Now works as mouse.

I attach my configuration and debug file.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Clover E5480.zip debug_18528.zip

Thanks for replay.

But if i use your files both trackpad and trackpoint won't work. Only if i left ssdt and use my config.plist works, but no change.

Then I'll leave it as it is, and I use an external mouse anyway.

Best regards.