PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Need help with this one.

brown7477

I am trying to add hackintosh OS Catalina to my laptop but i keep getting stuck in BIOS.

For some reason it will not complete the first install and get gets stuck in the installation process.

I am adding my system specs and hopefully someone can help me with this.

Laptop: Clevo (?) P7xxxxxx ?

• Motherboard: P7xxDM3(-G)
  • BIOS: AMI v1.06.05
  • Chipset: Intel 100 Series/C230 Series
  • CPU: Intel Skylake quad-core i7-6700k @4.00GHz (Turbo boost to 4.20GHz)
  • RAM: 32GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD 530 + nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
  • Built-in LCD: Full HD 1920x1080
  • Audio: Realtek ALC899 (10ec:0899)
  • LAN: Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet (1969:e0a1)
  • Wireless: Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 (168c:003e)
  • Touchpad: Synaptics (06cb:000f)
  • Webcam: USB-internal Chicony (04f2:b5a7)
  • SD Card reader: Realtek RTS5250 (10ec:5250)

DxDiag.zip

• Moderators

Please post full system's specs:

Looks like it's a Clevo P7xxDM3(-G)

HD530 with Nvidia GT 1060 ( will need to be disable via DSDT patching, not supported in OS X)

Where is it getting stuck, post screenshot

Post your Clover folder used in the USB installer

• Like 1

• Administrators

The specs are mostly compatible with Catalina. Make sure you follow the minimum requirements posted in our dedicated thread available in "Our Picks" list. You're likely getting stuck because your Embedded Controller was not renamed.

• Like 1

What do you mean by mostly compatible?

This is my first time doing this and I have read that laptops can be quite difficult.

I am also finding instruction are not very specific with the steps to be followed.

None of the videos I have watched have shown the same BIOS screen, but there were some similar ones.

I am also wondering if it would just be a little easier to set it up as dual boot and leave the Windows installation installed.

I am also attaching a screenshot of the boot disc. Can you confirm this looks correct?

• Administrators

Not all of your hardware is compatible as already stated by JakeLo. For instance, there is no support for nVidia Pascal graphics cards beyond High Sierra (and they required the Web Driver). I'm not certain your LAN and wireless cards would be supported (I have not checked) and same for your SD card reader.

Laptops are not specifically difficult to run as Hackintoshes but, like anything else, some are more difficult than others depending on the hardware specs. Then, of course, there is the added complexity of hardware lockdown, unlike most desktops.

This being said, you can follow the general guidance required for any laptops and tuned for Skylake platforms.

Let me finish by being crystal clear with regards to the info shown on that last screenshot you posted (now removed): no support for distros such as the one you use and no support for TMX-related installs/tools either. It's specifically stated in our rules which I strongly suggest you read.

• Like 1

I really appreciate the help. 

This actually is beginning to sound a little out of my league and level of expertise.

It sounds as though I could possible get this to work if I went with High Sierra, but probably will be a huge challenge to get Catalina to work.

I really do not want to end bricking my laptop trying to do this.

Is there a good off the shelf candidate for a good hackintosh?

I really can not afford a macbook pro at this time.

• Administrators

This could run Catalina and in dual boot mode of course. No risk of bricking a laptop by trying to install and run macOS on it.

Plenty of fully compatible laptops in our guides section though they usually all require a change wireless card by a macOS-compatible one. These days, by far and large it's also Intel iGPU graphics only with very few models able to run on a dGPU. Good Skylake models include the Dell Latitude E7x70 models.

• Like 1

Well I am sorry, But I am not seeing anything in the menu that says Guides.

If you want to quote and tell someone to check a section, it should be clearly labeled with Guide(s) so we can find it.

if it is titled ot labeled something other than what you mention, please say what I am looking for.

If you are talking about the forum section  OS X INSTALLATION GUIDES, then I found it, but I can not say they are very helpful.

But I really appreciate your help.

Doing a hackintosh is something not to be taken lightly. I look forward to learning more about this and building a few while it is still possible.

• Confused 1