PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

E6230 (core i5): Catalina installer crashes

ruslan

I prepared Catalina 10.15.6 installation flash drive according to this manual: 

When I try to boot from it, before I see installer window I get the panic: In Memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 279168 **

I tried both attached clover versions (r5058 and r5118) with both configs from e6230 catalina clover pack #2 (with and without xcpm). Bios version is A20, bios config is as described in the post above.

Update: it works with Clover r5120 and config_xcpm_(up_to_10.15.3).plist. ACPI/patched folder must be empty (if I copy files from E6230_Catalina_Clover_Pack_#2/ACPI/patched to Clover, I get kernel panic before graphic mode started, error message described in first post).

Thank you, Herve! I downgraded clover to r5119. Now everything seems to be okay except external display (it's native resolution is 2560x1440), that is connected to DisplayPort on PR02X docking station: it is blinking unevenly. I think of somehow tweaking frame buffer size. Am I heading in the right direction?

Also, I managed to use another config.plist (from E6230_Catalina_Clover_Pack_#2): I generated ssdt.aml and ssdt.dsl with ssdtPRGen.sh script, copied them to ACPI/patched as well as DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl (from E6230_Catalina_Clover_Pack_#2 since I'm not sure how to generate them). With these files system is also stable, issue with external display still present.