PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Packard Bell EasyNote NX86 + High Sierra 10.13.5

kelvo01

Good morning, I have a Packard Bell laptop I would like to install MacOs but I can't ... It's a very popular laptop but I can't get to start an installation ... I'm fine with using both Clover and OpenCore but I don't find a single cfg / guide working Hardware Features:

• Model: Packard Bell EasyNote NX86
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-480M
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
  • Wifi: Broadcom 802.11n (14e4:4047)

I only have Windows 10 I don't have a macOS to do the installation USB key I would use DBUtility ... or else
OS X 10.10 I was able to install it ...

Thanks in advance to anyone who will give me suggestions

• Administrators

Moved from incorrect Guides section (yet that section is clearly labelled "No support here") to the appropriate support section. Please make every effort to post in the correct forum sections in the future. As its name implies, Guides section is for installation guides, not support requests.

Follow any standard guide to make your macOS USB installer and install High Sierra. You'll have to refer to the 1st gen Intel HD bible to get graphics going. I recommend you use Clover and you'll have to make up your own bootpack with standard things such as FakeSMC (or VirtualSMC), Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC and a PS2 controller for keyboard and mouse/TrackPad to begin with. Consult our FAQ section for general guidance.

For the rest you'll have to identify the exact model of the hardware components (LAN card, audio codec, card reader, etc.) before you look for drivers to support them in a post-install phase.

I cannot find any trace of a Broadcom card with id 14e4:4047. You must have got that wrong so double check. If it were the correct id, it's not a model known to be supported so chance is high that such card is not supported and you'll have to replace it by a supported model or USB dongle. See here and do a Google search.

Good luck!