PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Catalina Install Issues on E6540

arcaman6

Hi Jake. The EFI posted wasn't actually the one I was using - have a load of different ones on my desktop and uploaded the wrong one.

At your suggestion I tried out the install USB from my E6530 which actually booted up OK after I had checked the BIOS settings. On trying the same sequence with the E6540 install usb it also booted up fine and I completed the installation of Catalina. So it looks like I actually have a weird hardware problem on my laptop - boots Clover fine but only after a restart (exiting BIOS settings causes a restart rather than a cold start). 

Catalina works just fine but I did have to use AppleIntelE1000e.kext to get the onboard Ethernet to work - intelmausi.kext didn't seem to work with my hardware. Is this a good way to do it?

Planning the use a Broadcom BCM94360HMB card for WIFI as no kexts required for it.

Thank's for all your help - installer was working all the time. Back to fine tuning my E6530 now.

Cheers

Aubrey