PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Optiplex 760

MacsRTheBomb

• 2 weeks later...

Syanagar,

I do have the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in my /Extra/Extentions/ directory (nothing in the plist). I want to make darn sure I got the correct procedure down for making kext changes/additions/removals. If I just delete or add a kext file into the /Extra/Extentions/ directory, can you tell me the exact procedure to take? Do I have to use like Kext Wizard and then myfix (full) or can I just run the myfix after making the kext file changes in the /Extra/Extensions directory? Please let me know.

Thanks,

I will let you know right away if the sleep stuff worked.

Alan

Adam,

The 760, compared to the other Dell's I have messed with, is a fairly easy beast. The only thing I don't have working is "sleep". Attached are my .kext files. It took a while to get all this working, but here is what I would recommend you do (I can't recall if I had to made any changes to BIOS, I don't think I did)

1. Get your USB done (myHack)

2. Install Kext Wizard and Chameleon Wizard

3. Install all my attached kext files

NOTE: When installing MacOS using myHack USB, you can opt to use your own /Extra. Just extract the attached file, put it in a directory and point to it when it asks you.

You should be good to go. This system so far is ROCK SOLID.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Extra - Optiplex 760 ML.zip

Gee thanks.

Adam,

I am not trying to be anything but someone that will try to help. I gave you everything I had that got my Optiplex 760 working, you have a 960. OSXLATITUDE uses their own way of installing, using EDP. Please know I am not dissing you at all, I just don't know how to help you. I don't have a 960 to test with.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...