PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide

EMlyDinEsH

@Jake Lo - Patching info.plist for the dummy kext still did not load.

@Herve - I see what you are saying. DSDT patches is "text" replacement. Kexts have binary patches OR Info plist patches. I failed to see that. I will read up on everything.

*However* I've been seeing posts where people plagued by the same symptoms - distorted sound & clock losing time - suggesting a patched kernel is the solution since the vanilla kernel causes issue. Is this something I should pursue?

Thanks Bronxtech! At least something new to try. I'm assuming you mean VoodooTSCSync. I will read up and give it a shot.

But where do I get latest copy of the kext? I can only find very old ones.

PS - If it's okay I'll send you message so we don't hijack thread any more

• Administrators

well check in clover boot log to see what your frequencies are and if clover is detecting them correctly.  look to see if they are correct or not maybe you can compare it with your cpu spec at ark intel site. then try correct it in clover config plist's cpu section. if not you can try old voodootscsync it still works but i think there was a reboot of the kext at insanely mac not too long ago,

@bronxtech, finally hit upon the correct CPU and FSB frequency values. Sound is not perfect in the sense when I change the volume I hear crackle, but distortion is gone. And of course, my clock's not losing time anymore.

So sticking with Voodoo 2.8.8. Will leave AppleHDA patching learning for another time.