PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

(Precision Workstation T7500) SMP-2CPU-Hackintosh

//Zztony

Hi, I have a Dell Precision Workstation T7500 with 2 Quad-Core 'westmere' Xeon [email protected] and 12GB ECC RAM installed. I got it up&running very smoothly with unifail - Install 10.8.2 - multifail = OK!
BUT, It seems impossible for me to even boot OSX with both CPU's installed, I've tried any version.(tried 10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x/10.8.x)

What do I need to do to boot this system with both CPU's installed?

KP error and instant reboot every time, very hard to be quick enough to record or take a pic of it.....

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers//Zztony

Nice system!

If you could add me on Skype, (royal_noob3), we could have a look! I think it is something with DSDT patching we need.

Could you make a clean install with myHack (10.8.2) (http://myhack.sojugarden.com), that is the install method we recommend.

When we are working on it, we will make a topic with progress information (for other people) and add it to EDP.

Nice system!

If you could add me on Skype, (royal_noob3), we could have a look! I think it is something with DSDT patching we need.

Could you make a clean install with myHack (10.8.2) (http://myhack.sojugarden.com), that is the install method we recommend.

When we are working on it, we will make a topic with progress information (for other people) and add it to EDP.

Added to Skype!

Not possible to nothing with 2cpu's installed, but I have a clean install based on unifail/Easybeast with only cpu installed that work just fine. It's not as easy to get a clean install with myHack unfortunately....

Thanks//Zztony