PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[03/03/2011] - D420 BIOS rework

crc-error404

So my D630 will take 8 GB DDR2? Hmmmm ... :) Question though I heard that you can't install snow if you have more than 4 Gb of ram. is that true?

AFAIK, that's the limitation of tonycraps iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). But upside of the method is that you can install SL on almost anything.

I always had 8GB in my main machine and had no problems whatsoever. But I didn't use iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). It probably depends on the install method.

I'll send you a few of those nice contraband cigars (and I'll add a case of best Bavarian beer on top of that) if you find out how to make D430 accept 4GB (or more?!). Deal?

EDIT: @CRC - I don't know what get's you excited, but I am a game: my offer is valid for you as well. You can choose your equivalent to cigars and beer. :)

Im sorry to tell you Zeppo, but this will never ever happen. It is not possible it is a hardware limitation and not a bios limitation...

btw. nothing belongs to a good austrian beer - who needs the bavarian light stuff? :D

Sorry

Im sorry to tell you Zeppo, but this will never ever happen. It is not possible it is a hardware limitation and not a bios limitation...

btw. nothing belongs to a good austrian beer - who needs the bavarian light stuff? :D

Sorry

Oh, well. It was too nice to be true. Damn! OK, this time I refrain of killing the messenger of the bad news. This time only! :P

Re beer: in this part of Bavaria (Frankonia) we are not doing that bad in terms of strong beer either. You would like some of those, I am sure!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well of course I somehow f* up , and bricked ,unless your really sedimentarly set on seeing an apple instead of a dell logo,I wouldn't advise trying it ,. for me my experience is that " BIOS NOT ACPI COMPATABLE, PLEASE SEE YOUR HARDWARE ADMINISTRATOR

basically no hard drive , no usb ,...luckly floppy good, cd good,.

The recovory file is useless cause its 723kbs too big to fit on a 144mb , The only real alternative is a cd , heres a link to what saved my ass,.. [http://www.bay-wolf.com/bootcd-bios.htm]

and of course I plan to do it again before Im thru, really want that apple..jeje