PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[04/03/2011] - D830 BIOS rework

crc-error404

Flashed the custom bios, deleted the DSDT file from extra folder, but I am unable to boot as it gets stuck at the apple logo with grey screen. Once I put the DSDT file back in Extra folder only then I was able to get past the screen and get the system booted. Guess it means the patched bios is not working for me. Any suggestions?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update1: On my hard drive I have fully working Lion 10.7.1 (EDP 1.9) and a backup copy of fully working SnowLeopard 10.6.7 with EDP 1.8. I deleted dsdt files in both Lion and SL backup. I was able to completely load both the operating systems with out having dsdt files in their respective Extra folders. BUT I did not delete the DSDT file on my main SL partitions Extra folder. I am using Chameleon RC5 r760 version. Could this be because still the system was loading the DSDT file located in the Extra folder of my main SL partition.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

So I am having the same issue mentioned above. I installed the custom bios because I have not been successful in installing OS X Mountain Lion on my Dell Latitude D830. The install was getting hung after in displayed the MAC Address of my NIC and then just stopped loading. So I decided to get this a shot to see if I could get it working but after installing this new BIOS every time I boot into windows it is informing me that the system BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant and blue screens. Is there a fix for this issue yet?

Specs

Dell Latitude D830

Nvidia 140M

2.1 Ghz

RAM 4 Gigs

So I reinstalled the stock A16 BIOS and attempted to used the DSDT for the D630 but it halted at the same point. It keeps giving me the following warning and stops the install.

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized"

Is there any fix for this error?