PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Is it the right way to create my own DSDT?

digital farmer

Hi Conti :)

I'd like to learn a bit about creating my own DSDT. My knowledge abut DSDT is minimal. But in my OS X I have my self-created DSDT (I put it in my /Extra folder). So far I have no problem, but I'm afraid if my method were wrong.

I created my own DSDT with this steps I get from the net:

#I used "DSDT Editor for Windows/Linux" that I downloaded from http://olarila.com/dsdt/DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows.zip I made mine in my Windows XP.

#I used my motherboard's specific patch (Asus P5KPL-SE) I get from http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php put it on my desktop for easy access.

#I Opened the "DSDT editor" and on the menu bar click 'File' then 'Extract DSDT'.

#On the menu bar, I pressed 'Patch' and then 'Open'. I navigated to my desktop and select the my motherboard specific patch. I Clicked 'Open'.

#I also did that steps for my ALC662 specific patch.

#I pressed 'Apply' in the little window that opened after that step. Then I clicked 'Close'.

#On the menu bar, I pressed 'IASL', then 'Compile'. A box opened, where I pressed 'Fix Errors'. when 0 errors listed, I closed the box.

#On the menu bar, I pressed 'IASL', then 'Save AML As'. and I 'Save As' ''DSDT.AML'

That's the way I got my DSDL.

Is that right/wrong way? (I'm afraid it's wrong).

If it's wrong, what is the right way for me to make my own DSDT?

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm sorry for my noobishness :D

P.S.:

(I tried to attach my DSDT file, but can't. How can I do that here - (when editing my post) ?)

My 2cents: I wouldn't consider this the 'right' way personally, I am working on something that may at least make this a little simpler to get started with that will be released with the next version of myHack/myFix. A shortcut you may want to try is DSDTSE, this is one of the few applications for dsdt editing on hackintosh that I would endorse, albiet unfinished in it's current form it is reasonably useful. Keep in mind when extracting dsdt information on a hackintosh that you want to boot the system without a dsdt in place and with minimal kernel extensions to get the correct information out of it. Otherwise I would suggest the linux extraction method, although it is rather complex.

My 2cents: I wouldn't consider this the 'right' way personally, I am working on something that may at least make this a little simpler to get started with that will be released with the next version of myHack/myFix. A shortcut you may want to try is DSDTSE, this is one of the few applications for dsdt editing on hackintosh that I would endorse, albiet unfinished in it's current form it is reasonably useful. Keep in mind when extracting dsdt information on a hackintosh that you want to boot the system without a dsdt in place and with minimal kernel extensions to get the correct information out of it. Otherwise I would suggest the linux extraction method, although it is rather complex.

Thanks for your reply Conti :)

#Actually that DSDTSE app you mention is one of few option that I downloaded before I chose the steps I mention in my first post instead.

#Yes I understand about extract DSDT in a hackintosh without DSDT & minimal kext to get the correct information. That's why I extracted my DSDT in my Windows XP instead. Sadly, I don't have any Linux nor experience with it.

#I'll be waiting for the next version of myHack/myFix :)

Thank You Verymuch

Hi Conti, it's me again..

Today I open EVOSX86's DSDTSE app with the intention to learn how to create my own DSDT with it. But I don't know what to do with it. Try googling but didn't find any (written) clear instruction/guide/tutorial about it. The clearest one is this famous video on youtube:

, but I can't understand it.

Would you please please teach me how?

Big Thanks in advance. :)