PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

HP G50-116CA bios F_65

BirdDog44

Hello,

I am fairly computer literate, but DSDT is totally new to me. I could not find information on how to read, interpret and modify coherently the info within.

I managed to pull out these two files, but now don't know where to begin with DSDT modifications.

I played with Kexts to have the laptop semi functionnal. Now if i boot in arch=i386, i get sound and a Zydas USB-WiFi adaptor working, on top of built in ethernet. No luck on built-in wifi. If i just boot, then, no ethernet, wifi, zydas, sound... Limited. Trackpad works with a few acceptable glitches in both x64 and i386 and i get some occasional shutdown to login screen in both mode (i am thinking it has to do with graphic animation on launching app)

Thanks for any pointers.

DSDT.txt

dsdt-2.txt

ok, i had a major problem with the laptop and finally made a clean install. Triple boot, Kubuntu, Win7 and Lion.

I put the DSDT you gave me at the root of Lion partition as well as in the /Extra folder. Is there anything else i should do with the file because it doesnt seem to make a difference.

EDIT: My system info shows nothing in the ethernet, card reader, wifi. The audio does show Intel HD audio, but i have no sound.

Havent tried HDMI, but i doubt it would work.

Do i have to reinstall the realtek, atheros and VoodooHda intel 3100 graphic kexts in order to get ethenet, wifi and sound respectively? Thanks