PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Audio without voodooHDA. (AppleHDA STAC9205)

pud469

Hey,

I got the solution from pud469 working on my D830 nvidia with Lion 10.7.4!

...but then the System wasn't able to load AppleUSBAudio.kext any more with the old AppleHDA.kext (1.7.4) within that solution (wich is needed for my Apogee Jam).

Then I tried any AppleHDA.kext I found without really knowing what I was doing... and found a working solution!

Just copy the attached files in E/E and run myfix for System-Volume:

sudo myfix -t /Volumes/MAC\ OS\ X

AppleHDA D830.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I found, seems to work better than voodoo HDA. (Works in 32 or 64 bit.) Please remove anything for using voodooHDA (s/l/e/voodoohda.kext, voodoo.prefpane, e/e/disabler.kext. Install contents of the .zip to Extra/Extensions using kextwizard. There are 4 files that need to be installed. 2 of them are the same for Snow or Lion. The other 2 are native to Snow or Lion and are in the respected folders. I have only tried this with a D630 EDP 1.9.1 and a D830 EDP 2.1. I can imagine if you are using EDP 2.2 and using kernelcache you would have to rebuild.sh to get the 0edp.kext to work. (Possibly removing the existing 0edp.kext first) Since I no longer have the D830 I will not be testing with EDP 2.2. I will upload the files as soon as I get home.

Sorry for the confusion, it is for the STAC9205. I have been working on a STAC9200 in a gateway and mistakenly typed 9200.

This is working great on 10.7.4 Thanks....Never like the VoodooHDA.....

• 3 weeks later...