PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

GT 610 on Dell Optiplex 780 No acceleration

kracken

Hello, I have installed OSX El Capitan on a Dell Optiplex 780. I can't make the GT 610 to work with Clove Bootloader. Can you help me? 
On Yosemite I have Chameleon and video card work great with nvda_drv=1.

Any sugestion? Is need to use Chameleon to make it work on El Capita,

• Administrators

I cannot speak for Clover, but nVidia GeForce GT610 certainly is support OOB under Chameleon/Enoch with simple boot option GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Maybe you can post a zipped copy of your EFI folder for us to check things out.

NB: GT610 is unsupported under Sierra for the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NB: GT610 is unsupported under Sierra for the moment.

Just curious - do you know if in earlier OS X versions, 10.10, 10.9 etc. - that cards which were unsupported at first, were supported again in later updates  (10.10.2/.3 etc.) ?

Am hoping yes!, since I only bought a gt 610 a month before Sierra was released!  :|

• Administrators

Well, yes that can happen but in the case of the GT610, it was 1st supported in ML 10.8.2 and all the way to Yosemite afaik. I have one in my Vostro200 but that's a retired system for OS X since the HDD died several years ago and I never bothered to replace it.

If it's no longer working, it's highly unlikely to be supported again though one should never say never...