PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Sry, DW1820A again...

As far as I understand it, no additional kext is really needed. AirportBrcmFixup is needed for 5 Ghz networks.
The adress is actually nearly identical and it doesnt have to be the same. I dont know much about the IOReg, but it should be different on any model.
In the guide its PCI0@0->RP03@1C,2->PXSX@0,

mine is              PCI0@0->EXP3@1C,2->ARPT@0.

I found something when I tried to connect HDMI, wich didnt worked. I asked google about it and got to the insanelymac-forum, where I followed tluck`s guide for the T460, like you did (according to you clover folder wich Im using as well).

Under ACPI I found a patch for BCM4352 and played with it. Results can be seen in the screenshots.

IOReg now looks just like the one in the guide, Brcm4360 kext is loaded (and kext not corrupted), but system profiler still shows me no driver for my PCI device. Im absolutely frustrated how much time I sepnd on this and will put it aside for at least another week😪. Felt good to play around with code though.
I guess we have to start fresh with much less github files, thats where I suspect the problem.
The original DSDT.aml from tlucks T460 seems pretty close to the one from my T460s, but I guess a small difference there has a huge impact.

I would be absolutely grateful for a promising tipp🙏

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 22.33.45.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 22.29.18.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 22.27.36.png

CLOVER copy.zip

• Administrators

Well, I'm surprised you say that the kext is loaded because this does not reflect in IOReg at all and nor does it do in SysProfiler... If it did, you'd see it clearly in SysProfiler->Software->Extensions, PCI info would show driver installed and you'd have far more info under your RP03.PXSX device in IOReg.

Sry, forgot to make the screenshot.
Very confusing, looks like the kext is loaded, I dont know if the given address can lead somewhere🤔
Since I havent changed the IOName, my changes sems to point on the actual right hardware device. The information in the IOReg also activate the kext, but not for my device🤨
and I lack the understand for DSDT and this level, so I thank you for your time @Hervé!!

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 23.17.33.png

• 2 weeks later...

@pippoppeo I received my card today, managed to get Wi-Fi working but having some issues with Bluetooth. The device is present in IORegExplorer under IOResources > AppleUSBHostResources > AppleUSBLegacyRoot > AppleUSBXHCI@14000000 > BCM2045A0@14600000 but it is not visible in System Report (Bluetooth > No information found). Installed BrcmPatchRam2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo but BrcmPatchRam2 reports no update needed at boot. Going to try tluck's variant soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, cheeky Apple removed some stuff from Catalina forcing us to use an extra kext (BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext). I'll be uploading my updated CLOVER to my GitHub soon, hopefully you'll find it useful.

• Like 1