PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Mojave on X210 (custom i7-8650u board)

Hi-

Alright I have a semi-working very barebones install.

Post-install I followed the steps from the same guide, except that I used your "x210_test" Clover folder.

I still have to boot with "-igfxvesa" to avoid a kernel panic and the video memory is only 21MB (along with the associated issues...no resolution changing being the biggest one, using a 12" 3K screen at native resolution is a bit tricky).

Sound works,  but is very quiet (?), Bluetooth does not work at all (no hardware shown) and I still require an external mouse.

Admittedly this is much closer to working than what I've gotten on a first try in several years on previous machines, so that's a plus :)

R

More information, in case it helps tweak this properly:

My internal display is connected via 4 eDP lanes, and I've already set DVMT prealloc to 64MB. I also tried messing around with the WhateverGreen stuff, but manually editing the config.plist to populate all the suggested values is a little beyond me, not least because I'm not currently not sure what  all the different fields even are / mean..

I also have a mini DP port and a VGA port, the latter of which is actually another DP port with a converter. Maybe this information can help with port naming / numbering.

R

I have no HDMI connectors in my system at all.

However, that page did get me one tiny step further; there is a particular suggestion for Kaby Lake R, which is a device-id of 16590000 .

That got my listed video memory from 8MB to 14MB... on the right track perhaps?

[In other news, I fixed the mouse; VoodooPS2Controller wasn't installed properly]

R