PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Dell Latitude 7490 - Installation Mojave 10.15.x with a dualboot - Support Request

Jeepey

Hello back, it's fine. I finally configured everything. 

I have a triple boot (w10, ubuntu20 and Catalina 10.15.5)

I plugged a WiFi USB adapter that I had in my mouse and it works. 

Thank you a lot for your help. I put my keyboard on a French alt to get the same keyboard that with w10.and Ubuntu

I remap 2 key of my keyboard for right click and left click of my mouse. 

I have wifi, Bluetooth, my dock is working well too, I undervolt my CPU and under freq too (it is locked to 3.5ghz) because it was too hot before that I repasted the cpu. 

I changed the thermal paste for a conductonaute from grizzly (now laptop is less than 75°C with stress test at 4.2ghz). At 3.5ghz, it runs at 50°C max so it's perfect

I changed my SSDs for a 970pro nvme from Samsung and a msata 512gb from.samsung too (it is put in the Wlan free slot that I had)

Windows is in a 250go part of my msata, Mac os too. Ubuntu is on an external ssd nvme usb-C

My ssd is for my folder. My setup is perfect now. 

Thank you a lot for your help. It was my first hackintosh

Now I will do an hackintosh with the Samsung Galaxy book 12 with an i7 of my GF. 

You helped me a lot. It's not that easy but it's ok now

15926754161808162004426186899342.jpg

15926754527578169972992100902791.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

:shock: Huh?

There is no mSata slot in the Latitude 7490 so you could not possibly fit an mSata SSD into that laptop.

The WLAN slot is M.2 Key A/E so it would be physically impossible to fit either an mSata SSD or an M.2 SSD.

M.2 SSD are not Key A/E but Key B, key M or Key B/M.

The WWAN slot is Key B and can physically take a 2242 M.2 SATA or NVME SSD but that's not supported (I've tested this in the past, like several other people).