PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide

EMlyDinEsH

Get ioregfile saved using this app I'm sending from file menu and get the System log file from Console App in Utilities. Get these files after installing my AppleHDA.

Hi Emlydinesh.  I finally got it to work. Wow i must have spent a month experimenting.  I found yet another thread of someone using same codec. He gave u credit for his success. So what I did is use his pin figs (just to try, did not think it would work cause only one matched??) i then entered my path maps id's cause they r different. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the speaker icon with bars  :o  :o  :D  :D after a reboot.  The only quirk is headphone must be used first to get sound output.  Internal speakers will work after that.  Also speaker slider bar is mute on first click but good after that. Maybe a tweak in pin figs or ID's will fix that. Auto audio detect works, mic seems to work, did not test external mic or hdmi.   A big thank you to u.  I really learned a lot from your thread

The only thing left is USB3.0 "that works" accepting non USB3.0 devices, and not getting "device not properly ejected message after sleep"  I use sleep enabler kext. Also my mouse light stays on during sleep.  Do you know anything in patching DSDT to fix that?

post-9340-0-97540500-1365288888_thumb.png

Hi,

Here is the patched AppleHDA according to your dump along with extracted verbs and nodes details for understanding.

20 - 13 - 3

SPK: 0x14 -> 0x0d -> 0x03 EAPD

10 01 13 90

33 - 12 - 2

HP: 0x21 -> 0x0c -> 0x02

40 10 21 03

27 - 35 - 8

MIC:0x1b-> 0x23 -> 0x08

30 01 a0 90

24 - 34- 9

EMIC: 0x18 -> 0x22 -> 0x09

20 90 81 03

<01271cf0 01271d00 01271e00 01271f40 

01471c10 01471d01 01471e13 01471f90 

01771cf0 01771d00 01771e00 01771f40 

01871c20 01871d90 01871e81 01871f03 

01971c00 01971d00 01971e00 01971f40 

01a71cf0 01a71d00 01a71e00 01a71f40 

01b71c30 01b71d01 01b71ea0 01b71f90 

01d71cf0 01d71d00 01d71e00 01d71f40 

01e71cf0 01e71d00 01e71e00 01e71f40 

02171c40 02171d10 02171e21 02171f03 01470c02>

Let me know after testing this.

My friend I tried to patch it from start for learn something… but cant do it… im really silly men its take me hours hours and even get middle of the guide… this is all work I have at moment… maybe I must give up...

hda.rtf

• Developers
Hi Emlydinesh.  I finally got it to work. Wow i must have spent a month experimenting.  I found yet another thread of someone using same codec. He gave u credit for his success. So what I did is use his pin figs (just to try, did not think it would work cause only one matched??) i then entered my path maps id's cause they r different. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the speaker icon with bars  :o  :o  :D  :D after a reboot.  The only quirk is headphone must be used first to get sound output.  Internal speakers will work after that.  Also speaker slider bar is mute on first click but good after that. Maybe a tweak in pin figs or ID's will fix that. Auto audio detect works, mic seems to work, did not test external mic or hdmi.   A big thank you to u.  I really learned a lot from your thread

The only thing left is USB3.0 "that works" accepting non USB3.0 devices, and not getting "device not properly ejected message after sleep"  I use sleep enabler kext. Also my mouse light stays on during sleep.  Do you know anything in patching DSDT to fix that?

Glad you've got it working, I think something from the layout and platform files must be the issue in the files i gave which I did not change from mine and wanted to experiment later.  Let me see the AppleHDA which is working to you now so I can optimize and get you even better one if possible. 

For Sleep, you don't need Sleep Enabler kext for new Intel Core ix processors since you can just patch AppleIntelCPUXxx kext along with SSDT files for getting working sleep. What is your USB3.0 controller name so i can help you?

• Developers
My friend I tried to patch it from start for learn something… but cant do it… im really silly men its take me hours hours and even get middle of the guide… this is all work I have at moment… maybe I must give up...

Don't worry and give up, lets get this solved and I'll help you as much as I can. If the verbs aren't working then the pathmaps or some values in the layout file must be the issue. What is the error you get at System log during boot for AppleHDA? 

Let me know so I can give you some standard Layout/Platforms files for experimenting. I think i've already did that in my post so you can try that one by following my guide else let me know and i'll help you with that.

Glad you've got it working, I think something from the layout and platform files must be the issue in the files i gave which I did not change from mine and wanted to experiment later.  Let me see the AppleHDA which is working to you now so I can optimize and get you even better one if possible. 

For Sleep, you don't need Sleep Enabler kext for new Intel Core ix processors since you can just patch AppleIntelCPUXxx kext along with SSDT files for getting working sleep. What is your USB3.0 controller name so i can help you?

Which patched appleintelcpu kext should I use? or can I patch it myself, and how? I'm using a patched one now, and it wakes right after sleep.  Something in XHC wakes based on power management log see pic.  Experimenting on DSDT edits based on that same thread I was talking about, but not that good in resolving errors.  What  SSDT files are u talking about?  speed step? I think it's doing that out of the box.  Attached in folder is also a screen shot of USB devices not sure if its the one u want, with working audio hda. .  Thanks again for taking the time

Don't worry and give up, lets get this solved and I'll help you as much as I can. If the verbs aren't working then the pathmaps or some values in the layout file must be the issue. What is the error you get at System log during boot for AppleHDA? 

Let me know so I can give you some standard Layout/Platforms files for experimenting. I think i've already did that in my post so you can try that one by following my guide else let me know and i'll help you with that.

There's not error on boot log about applehda :S

• Developers
There's not error on boot log about applehda :S

Then something else is wrong, get me system log file from Console app in Utilities along with IORegfile from IOregistryexplorer app and I'll will see the problem. Also you need to use dsdt edit for audio.

• Developers
Which patched appleintelcpu kext should I use? or can I patch it myself, and how? I'm using a patched one now, and it wakes right after sleep.  Something in XHC wakes based on power management log see pic.  Experimenting on DSDT edits based on that same thread I was talking about, but not that good in resolving errors.  What  SSDT files are u talking about?  speed step? I think it's doing that out of the box.  Attached in folder is also a screen shot of USB devices not sure if its the one u want, with working audio hda. .  Thanks again for taking the time

What is the specifications of your notebook? What is the name of the USB3.0 controller you have? What kexts you are using for this? send me your kexts which you are using along with Extra folder.

What is the specifications of your notebook? What is the name of the USB3.0 controller you have? What kexts you are using for this? send me your kexts which you are using along with Extra folder.

How do u find the name of the controller?  I think its Intel panther point.  What is the best way to get that info?  I sent another pic

specs

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=2000045699

The dsdt in extra has some edits taken from samsung one, also included along with an un edited one.  

I can also boot with the samsung dsdt file alone without issue however wakes right after sleep and gets same usb improper ejection message.

folder2.zip