PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[04/03/2011] - D520 BIOS rework

crc-error404

So guys... because of D430 Bios which really good works i was also modding the D520 Bios too.

Changelog:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v. 0.2

insert latest DSDT from EDP 2.2 built - no need DSDT in Extra folder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v. 0.1

insert latest DSDT from 1.6 RC1 built - no need DSDT in Extra folder

changed splashscreen to new apple logo with black background

insert SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7 / Vista

changed Version from A08 to OSX :D

delete branding

DOWNLOAD BIOS FROM WIKI HERE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys... because of D430 Bios which really good works i was also modding the D520 Bios too.

Changelog:

v. 0.1

insert latest DSDT from 1.6 RC1 built - no need DSDT in Extra folder

changed splashscreen to new apple logo with black background

insert SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7 / Vista

changed Version from A08 to OSX :D

delete branding

DOWNLOAD BIOS FROM WIKI HERE

The Wiki page always contains the latest dsdt from EDP

meinste das funzt 100 % auf dem d520 ? I Eine funktionierende dsdt.aml wäre auch nicht schlecht. Zur Zeit habe ich nur Mouselags auch beim Booten nur lags. Fallen die GMA Kext dann auch weg ?

• Administrators

did you install EDP? try different trackpad options! that could be the lag as for the gma kexts they should not disappear from S/L/E now if you are referring to E/E then yes they are not there. with the dsdt we use native graphics kexts. this is what i could make from translation.

@ schustah: Please, this is a english spoken forum - we are many different people from different countries with different languages. So - once again - please post your problems and/or bugs in english....

BTT:

This Bios is not tested yet. So test recover before flashing. If all went well please post results.

Which GMA.kext do u use... dont know - dont have a D520 but if u dont use vanilla kexts i dont think this bios can change it.

No dsdt is needed because of implementation of dsdt in bios from latest rc...

How i said try recover - if recover works, flash bios - install EDP depended on your notebook (D520)

Finally all should work without lags(?)...

cheers

did you install EDP? try different trackpad options! that could be the lag as for the gma kexts they should not disappear from S/L/E now if you are referring to E/E then yes they are not there. with the dsdt we use native graphics kexts. this is what i could make from translation.

thx for reply,

Dell 520 A08 10.6.6 EDP 1.5 rc5r665 ............... D520 BIOS rework , not testet !

GMA works now

Sound ok

Trackpad ok

Shutdown

Sleep ok, wake up different Kernel Panics

Ethernet dont work

Wlan dont work

After Reboot Profil shows wrong Cpu States

I think its the Ao8 Bios

now, i try it with edp 1.7 and 10.6.7, hope it works

edit : same Results with edp 1.7

wake up Blackscreen, no lan , no wifi :(....i think about a downgrade to a05......wtf

Bobdamnit post a DSDT.aml for d520 ao8

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/17-vanilla-dsdt-collection/page__st__20

Can anybody fix it.

THX ...and osxlatitude.com roxxxxx :D

if your still having problems... post your com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist from extra directory.

Kool, thx Mate !

With Iaktos v3 all controller works but Grafiklags. Now, with Retail DVD OSX und EDP..Grafik works Perfekt but Ethernet and Wlan dont work...hmpf !

Ok, i try with fix EDP command.