PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[04/03/2011] - D520 BIOS rework

crc-error404

• Administrators

if you have a password for sleep then your stuck with that login screen... not all but certain models like D620 gma ( i'm speaking from my own experience ) have a option in bios that lets you wake from sleep without having to input password again.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a password for sleep then your stuck with that login screen... not all but certain models like D620 gma ( i'm speaking from my own experience ) have a option in bios that lets you wake from sleep without having to input password again.

Its no big deal, just would be cool to modify that BIOS password screen to mimic the OS X wake from sleep login screen or perhaps even make it look like the boot screen, just a bit dimmer. I'm not a BIOS modder, and have no ambition to be one, so I'm not going to complain :)

Having sleep work properly is more than enough for me lol.

• 1 month later...

I have a D520, 2G ram, GMA graphics, HD, a standard setup. I installed per directions which were wonderful. I ran edppool 1.8.

I had loaded the modded osx bios and everything works great that I have tried (I don't make it sleep, WLAN works great, graphics are fine) except for LAN which is driving me crazy! Also, I had no LAN in ubuntu (dual boot system).

I reverted the bios to A08 and I got lan back on ubuntu but still no luck on OSX.

Reverted to bios A05, still works in ubuntu but still nothing in osx.

Just for note: with modded bios OSX-D520, I can't even get lan on ubuntu. With A08, I can get lan with ubuntu. No joy under OSX in any case.

Any suggestions on how to get osx to have LAN?

Thanks!

M

I have a D520, 2G ram, GMA graphics, HD, a standard setup. I installed per directions which were wonderful. I ran edppool 1.8.

I had loaded the modded osx bios and everything works great that I have tried (I don't make it sleep, WLAN works great, graphics are fine) except for LAN which is driving me crazy! Also, I had no LAN in ubuntu (dual boot system).

I reverted the bios to A08 and I got lan back on ubuntu but still no luck on OSX.

Reverted to bios A05, still works in ubuntu but still nothing in osx.

Just for note: with modded bios OSX-D520, I can't even get lan on ubuntu. With A08, I can get lan with ubuntu. No joy under OSX in any case.

Any suggestions on how to get osx to have LAN?

Thanks!

M

I'm not running the modded BIOS, because I purchased Windows 7 and am dual booting it with OS X. I don't require SLIC injection, so I'm not too worried about missing out on it. (Also the graphics don't bother me. I'd rather my BIOS was original.)

However, I do know that the DSDT I am using is identical to the one in the modded BIOS. I have my LAN working just fine in 10.6.7 out of the box on the exact same machine. Funny thing is, my BIOS is A08, and DSDT is based off A05. But everything works flawlessly.

I'm not running the modded BIOS, because I purchased Windows 7 and am dual booting it with OS X. I don't require SLIC injection, so I'm not too worried about missing out on it. (Also the graphics don't bother me. I'd rather my BIOS was original.)

However, I do know that the DSDT I am using is identical to the one in the modded BIOS. I have my LAN working just fine in 10.6.7 out of the box on the exact same machine. Funny thing is, my BIOS is A08, and DSDT is based off A05. But everything works flawlessly.

Lucky you!

I simply cannot get the ethernet to work! But I'll post that in the help section.

• 4 months later...

Question:

I've flashed my D520 with this BIOS, however, I am no longer able to boot into windows (thankfully this is a test machine). I figured I would wipe it out and reload, but when I try to do so the Windows 7 installer complains that the machine isn't ACPI compliant and reboots.

Do I now need to install OS X to be able to use the PC, or is there a BIOS setting I need to tweak to be able to install windows 7?

Thanks,

The Scarfer.