PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[03/03/2011] - D620 BIOS rework

crc-error404

Hey guys, I have done the installation. I don't have the E/E pack that all you are using for sure. Mine is a bit of a bastard child from installing 10.6.3 and then upgrading through and fixing things one by one.

I did the BIOS installation and then set the Multicore back to on and it works fine. Is there anything you want tested in particular?

Oke guys how i said - dsdt is built in in this bios. so if u have installed it u dont need dsdt in /E/E.

Btw. did flash work - new logo and no dsdt... please report... and i dont think recover will work from usb-stick because u dont need a os on stick thats why i would prefer a floppy drive :D

I am missing a few crucial steps here. I am pretty nervous about making changes because I don't want to lose my laptop and need to rebuild it really.

1 - I updated the BIOS and it worked, continued to boot normally.

2 - I moved the DSDT.aml from E/E to the root, no change, everything good

3 - I downloaded the DSDT.aml for the D620_gma and put it in the root and low and behold SLEEP WORKS :)

When recovering from sleep mode my external display didn't initialize (LCD connected with VGA connection on docking station) and my build in display was very dim. However after rebooting it is back to normal.

Is there something else that you want tested or looked at?

• Administrators

Try removing dsdt.aml completely or rename it so at least you can boot from chameleon prompt (DSDT= filename.aml) but if the bios mod is working properly you would never need a dsdt.aml again... no more patching kext like iondrive and the likes.. but if you do choose to use a dsdt file then it will use the one in extra first, if its non existent then it uses the one in bios... thats the way chameleon defaults.

Let me get this straight because I am missing the details I believe. Step by step:

1 - delete dsdt.aml in /Extra

2 - install BIOS

3 - copy new DSDT.aml in /Extra

4 - boot normally

The question is how do I tell if it is being used or not?

From what I am reading above the dsdt.aml will be deleted after it's been used?

I also am finding it hard to know why I bother doing all of this. I had most of my components working before except for maybe sleep which is not important to me at all.

Edit:

I did some reading on DSDT, does the new BIOS mean I don't need a DSDT.aml file at all? Do I have this all wrong?

SECOND EDIT: Re-reading the thread again and again (I think I am slow today) yielded a new idea. Try removing the file (like I was told to but missed) and see if we boot. Here we go.