PayPal donations: [email protected] ×

[03/03/2011] - D620 BIOS rework

crc-error404

Okay, Booted with no DSDT and it worked. I think I get the point now. This is another step in getting closer to a real Mac setup. Information that was held in the DSDT.aml is now in the BIOS and so we are better off. If it was working before with the .aml it should still be working now.

Anything you want tested now that my head is out of my ass?

• Administrators

yeah you have it all wrong.. this modified bios had a dsdt in it that has been modified to trick mac os to think it's a real mac.

so to test if it is working you can delete all instance of dsdt.aml and it should boot fine..

If it does not boot properly then it did not work..

and you have to continue using a dsdt.aml..

if it does not boot properly then you need some kind of fallback like d6slv1.iso or boot disk or as i stated above rename dsdt.aml to backup.aml then you can use chameleon boot prompt to recover by using the command DSDT= backup.aml and it should boot fine.. if in fact you need a dsdt.aml just rename backup.aml to dsdt.aml

Ja daniel... how i said its the latest edp rc DSDT... if u had a older version it may causes in kp... this bios is far away from finished like dsdt too...

so if it doesnt work put in dsdt in /Extra again and here u go...

but nice to hear that flash works... so next step is nvidia d620... waiting 4 DSDT (Mariusz) :D

I used this DSDT before BIOS update: Link Now I put it back, and working fine, no KP, Activity Monitor starts well.

And there is an older one that I dumped in ubuntu, and patched with iASL. Worked, but no brightness change in the display preferences. If you want, I post it tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...